Thursday 18 January 2007

OAMC Day is here...

Thought it worth giving you a description of me, so that you all have at least something to go on when you walk into the Nags Head with an air of trepidation tonight...

and although this feels like I'm joining a dating site, I'll go for it anyway.

So, I'm 6'2" tall (although if I'm sitting down this won't help!)
As you've probably guessed, I'm "stockily" built (some might say "heavily". I had to fill in this info on an Indian Visa application last year - struggled for ages with which one of these 2 to tick! Imagine a rugby forward past his prime with a few extra pounds (ok stones) around the middle.
I have short, darkish brown hair, bit spikey on top, bit greying at the sides. (Yes Hazel, short enough at the back to invite the hair stroking thing...)
I am 39 and people always guess my age within a year or two, so I think I must look 39.

Today I am wearing sand coloured jeans, brown boots and a blue shirt with white stripes (not hoops). If it's cold in the pub, I may be wearing a dark grey jumper over the top (obscuring the giveaway blue and white stripes).

I will probably be smiling. I usually do, and think I will be more than usual tonight!

For Matt & Mrs MfR - I'll be on my own.
For everyone else - I'll be with Matt and Mrs MfR.

Non smoker, gsoh, likes walking, reading, writing, blogging, listening to Chris Evans.
Would like to meet: blogging friends for platonic OAMC meetings!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time tonight - post lots of info tomorrow so those who couldn't attend can hear all about it. Will raise a cuppa at 7.30 and think about you all.
AS66 x

Anonymous said...

I have to get a train tonight. If the weather is still this bad I may not come. The train service, as I'm sure you all know, is notorious for finding reasons for not running trains, but the wind is so bad, there are going to be trees down, and although getting to London probably isn't gonna be too bad, I still have to come home. I am not happy about this state of affairs, but it's better to think about it now than be disappointed later. I am SOOOOOO pissed off that I may not be able to make it, but if I think I can't it will be SUCH a bonus if I can. I'll be checking the rail website for most of the day...

Can't think of anything else to say now.

love
hazel
x

Anonymous said...

I wish you all a safe journey to and from the OAMC tonight, have a fab time. I hope Mr E drops by to see you all.

I will be thinking of you and will raise my glass at 7.30pm

Have fun!
Mary xx

Anonymous said...

Hi mwk - having just read today's blog, I very much doubt that CE will come. He sounds a bit concerned about us all too. Really touching!

Anonymous said...

Hey Moose

So. Travel update. All the trains so far today have been cancelled.
Message reads 'WE STRONGLY ADVISE CUSTOMERS NOT TO TRAVEL DUE TO SEVERE SERVICE DISRUPTION ON ALL ROUTES'

I tend to agree that an entire day's cancellations qualifies as severe disruption...and I'm a great believer in being strongly advised I'm afraid, so I'm not gonna be able to make it tonight.

I will raise a glass of an appropriate beverage at the appointed time of 19.30.

I am that pissed off you have no idea. I've got 'that' face on. Give my love to all who do make it if you'd be so kind as to take that responsibility.

love
hazel
x

Moose said...

I'm probably not going to make it either...trains all cancelled at the moment. I think I have the same face on as Hazel!!!

Sorry if I don't make it...

Anonymous said...

is anyone else around to raise a toast despite the lack of meeting?? Postponed i hope.....!!

I have a glass of red and am getting ready to raise it.

xx

lyndyloo said...

A wash out.... or was it a wash in? I had a lovely long bath after raising a glass of vino blanco to the OAMC that never was. I'm now smelling lovely, feeling relaxed (which was more than I was on my eternal journey home) so Moose it's not your fault!!! The wizards were against us....

Bonne Nuit!
-x-x-x-

Anonymous said...

gordon bennett - I have been posting on a different bit - wrote a long and boring missive about how difficult my journey would have been and you lovely people probably wouldn't have seen it - sorry - what an idiot i am.

I have only just read Moose's description of his appearance - very informative - I would have been able to spot you straight away...very reasurring, thank you.

Have posted a couple next door but I think they are out to get me tonight. No sense of fun...

Chatting on here is great - it's like talking when the teacher has gone out of the classroom

loving your work people

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hey moose

Is this a parallel "salon de refuse" from CE blog?
sorry the weather prevented you all from meeting. I'm in Scotland so I couldn't have come anyway.
I have followed your link in a stalkerish kind of way...! I'm nosey, so I just wanted to see what's going on. January/February are MEGA busy months for me, so I'll not be commenting much anyway, but I will be lurking occasionally..Have fun kids..and Moose, good luck with HR on Monday.
Love Caroline x

Anonymous said...

I love your description!